Skip to main content

A Few Days Of Strange Happenings...

Horrible happenings! I know that focusing on, and listing all the shitty things that have happened recently is probably a terrible idea, but I'm gonna do it anyway! You know how much I love terrible ideas.
Seriously though, writing everything out helps me to process the underlying themes, messages and significances of these events.
It also provides an emotional release, which is always beneficial to spirit when you've had a few intense days.

So, since Saturday, the following things have happened, leading me to believe that I'm cursed or being pointed towards some sort of lesson for growth (probably the latter, but it feels kind of like a curse sometimes haha)

  • On Saturday, I had to bring Theo to the doctor because he was having an asthma attack. He was diagnosed with asthmatic bronchitis, and has been taking Ventolin to clear it up, since.

  • The next morning, when I called my mom to tell her about Theo's health, she told me that my uncle had an angina attack while golfing, and needed to have double bypass surgery.

  • THEN, we find out that ANOTHER uncle (my husband's uncle) is in the hospital with pneumonia. He started to feel very sick while on vacation in Italy; his rental car also exploded in fire while they were driving through a tunnel, there. WTF

  • We keep breaking things. First, Theo pulled a huge jar filled with dry pasta down from a shelf, Thomas broke a cereal bowl last night, and I just opened up the oven drawer to find that a casserole dish was broken. 
I loved this thing and now it's broken :( At least it's from IKEA and we can afford a replacement

Legitimately pulled POSSESSIONS revered in my Rune reading this morning. Life seems to be forcing me to take inventory of what really matters to me. I swear, it's not my stuff! It's my people!!! <3


  • I sliced open my thumb with a way-too-sharp knife (married to a chef, must use extra caution!) while cutting up strawberries for the boys. Looked up the significance of cutting left thumb and it basically indicated that I worry too much (did not need to cut thumb to know that!) and that motivation needs a boost. I can dig.

  • Had a horrible panic attack yesterday. Pushed myself to go out for a walk, even though I was mentally and physically exhausted. It was extremely hot and humid, and I was just not feeling energized, but I pushed anyways. By the time I got into town, I was done. Had to sit down on the steps of the Congress Center for like 20 minutes to get my strength and breathing back to normal. Walked home and burst into tears when I got in the door. What is coming up here? So many emotions. It was like the straw that broke the camel's back (or the second camel. I also burst out in tears when I cut my thumb open, but that one really hurt!!!)

  • Jake cut his gums this morning face-planting into the couch. Minor injury, but still! When will it end?!
So that's the scoop on my doom and gloom for this week. I am keeping my sense of humour about the situation (while staying indoors where it's safe LOL) and resting as much as I can, cause I know I'm exhausted and need some self-care. Taking care of a sick baba, running after two insanely energetic toddlers everyday...it's a lot. 

Hubby is being very supportive, as usual, and has Civil Protection duty this week, so he's home much earlier, and that is good!

Hoping that the rest of the week brings miraculous shifts, safe encounters in the kitchen, and good health to all.

Also, shout-out to things that did go right, like being published in a magazine, working on the marketing side of my writing career, having a husband that loves and takes care of me.

Also, I know that the whole concept of good/bad and right/wrong and all tied to egotistical desires of specific outcomes. So like, everything is divinely perfect, always, I just have had a hard few days .


P.S. The two uncles' are recovering well, as is Theo <3

P.P.S. I forgot to mention that I spilled half a litre of milk in the microwave before.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your Sparkle Back!!!

  Oh hi! My poor little blog baby, always at the very bottom of the priority ladder. I remember when I first started S&S, I used to write these long journal-esque posts from my desk at Michael Kors (ha! F U corporate world) and it was such a nice little escape from my day. I also used to print up motivational quotes and make these beautiful collages in my notebooks. Still have a few! The good old days. So COVID has returned to Europe with a savage vengeance, and I have no idea what will become of life in the next few weeks. The Swiss government maintained a very relaxed attitude after our first lockdown eased up at the end of April, and they seem determined to avoid a second lockdown at all costs. Our cases are soaring, and things are looking pretty, pretty, pretty not good. But, let's see where this goes. Trying to take it ODAAT. There are a few points I'd like to review quickly before I get back to my 'day job', so here we go: 1. My bestie, Sally Beaton, just publ

I Was A Teenage Anarchist (And Now I'm Just Scared Of Everything...)

Today I wanna talk about the F WORD. FEAR, motherfuckers. Since I was 19, I have struggled with panic disorder and generalized anxiety. Last night, when I was falling asleep, I had a bit of an epiphany while I was doing my reframing exercises. For the past several weeks, I have been doing these nightly exercises, which aim to heal the relationship we have with past traumas. I learnt about this super helpful tool via Dennis Simsek, aka, THE ANXIETY GUY, aka, my current obsession and spirit animal guide! He's freaking amazing. Watch his video on how to reframe, below:  So as I was falling asleep, and making some contact with past versions of myself, I became cognizant of the fact that I used to be a fearless, angsty teenager. ME! Fearless?! It seems like such a foreign concept, but alas, I used to be scared of nada.   I was the girl who would never say no to a dare, who lived for thrills, and who didn't even consider fear when making decisions.  Of course, s

A Typical (hard) Day In The Life

  One thing that I know for sure is this: not all days are created equally. As a most-of-the-time SAHM, I've become familiar with the great days, and the super challenging ones. Each night I go to bed  optimistic that I'm gonna land on a great day the following morning, but with two toddlers going through developmental changes at the same time, the going gets rough! I'm hiding out in the bath as I type this. It's 21:36. Jake fell asleep about 30 minutes ago after a 2 hour long bedtime battle. That kinda day. If you ever wanted to know what it's like to have two toddlers, born 11 months and 22 days apart, here ya go! 6AM. Woke up to Theo poking me and screaming 'Stella! SKY!' (The Paw Patrol girl character, Stella in French, Sky in English, my toddler is fancy and bilingual).  'Sky is in your rubber boot, Honey', I groan as I nudge hubby to get up and let me 'sleep in'. Today I can technically stay in bed until 7, but I don't end up fallin