Skip to main content

Fall Update

Fall is here, and once again, I feel like I've neglected S+S for far too long!

When you have toddlers, it's really true what they say, 'the days are long but the years fly by.'

Here are a few things I've been up to:

*Some freelance writing/but mostly free-writing/new poems. 

I'm still submitting a few articles to www.TheRichest.com, but I don't always feel like it, to be honest! Doing freelance work is great, because it's structured (and paid haha) but I am feeling like I am really in the season of creative writing.

Lately, I've been keeping an anxiety journal/tracker, to take note of when I feel crappy. Writing out the feelings also helps me to be less hard on myself when I don't see progress. Or when I am progressing but not 'fast enough' for my likings.

Also keeping a dream journal again. I've always had such intense dreams. Signs. Symbols. Detailed conversations. It's kind of cool. I sometimes feel like my dream life makes more sense than my waking life. I like spending time in the depths of my subconscious. It's kind of a fun place (despite what it would have me believe in waking life...)

Here's me in 80's workout gear, just cuz! I looked more alive than normal here. Must be the lighting.


*Toddler Management.

Self-explanatory. Chasing them all over the house/park/streets. Jake's new thing is opening the oven door and standing on it to get to our oil tray. Ugh. Why do they pick the worst games?! Theo is in a phase of running after the dog and trying to scare him by roaring and screaming in his face. 
Naps are hard to come by. 
Teething for Jake. 
Sometimes I look in the mirror and feel like I've aged by 20 years since they were born.
My natural hair colour is like...100% grey now. WTF?
Not age-shaming, but sometimes I'm like...wasn't I just 25?
Not a super restful period. 
But, you know.
This will pass and I will miss it. So. Perspective.
By the time I'm 40, I'll have a 7 year-old and 6 year-old, and will be in my prime MILF years. 
The future is bright.

These guys keep me running around ALL day everyday, but I love them more than anything in the world. <3


*Going Back To Canada!

I'm going back to Canada in 2 weeks, with Jake. I'm going for my cousin's wedding and Thanksgiving. Hoping to have some restful/relaxing moments. I know I'll miss Theo so much and probably cry once a day, but it's good for me to push out of my comfort zone a bit. Otherwise I'm gonna end up being the stage-5-clinger mom, and ain't nobody got time for that. We're watching 13 Reasons Why, and all the moms in that show are so fucking annoying and clingy! I'm  like......am I like that?!?! (yes, but I have time to correct the behaviour before they're older and cool haha)



*Planning Move.

We are moving to our new place on November 15th. So damn excited to be a bit more central and get out of this 'hood. It's not BAD, but it's annoying to be kind of on the outskirts of downtown where everything is easily accessible. I also find there are a lot of murky energetic fields around our place (I always get a weird bad-vibe feeling when I walk under the underpass). Happy to move away from there. New start. Will live on the same street as my hairdresser. 

*Reading A Lot.


I've been reading a lot, in an attempt to catch up to my GoodReads Challenge of 30 books for 2019. I started tracking last month, so now I feel like I need to read a ton to reach my goal by end of year. I'm halfway, roughly.
Reading a lot of fiction novels.
It's a nice break from all the personal development/self-help stuff.
Gotta have a balance!

I was reading under this tree last week on my 'day off' but then just kinda sat there listening to music and feeling half-alive. Motherhood!


Next post will be much more exciting and fun, I'm half-asleep and just felt like I needed to update my many readers (lol) about my situ!


OH! I guess it's totally worth mentioning that at this time last year, I was entering a super shitty period of high anxiety/mild depression/burnout etc....

Happy to report that I'm actually feeling like this season I'm exiting that phase. It took me a good year of feeling mildly shitty to finally make some major progress, but I have!

Therapy, writing, new friends, reading, being less hard on myself....all working <3





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your Sparkle Back!!!

  Oh hi! My poor little blog baby, always at the very bottom of the priority ladder. I remember when I first started S&S, I used to write these long journal-esque posts from my desk at Michael Kors (ha! F U corporate world) and it was such a nice little escape from my day. I also used to print up motivational quotes and make these beautiful collages in my notebooks. Still have a few! The good old days. So COVID has returned to Europe with a savage vengeance, and I have no idea what will become of life in the next few weeks. The Swiss government maintained a very relaxed attitude after our first lockdown eased up at the end of April, and they seem determined to avoid a second lockdown at all costs. Our cases are soaring, and things are looking pretty, pretty, pretty not good. But, let's see where this goes. Trying to take it ODAAT. There are a few points I'd like to review quickly before I get back to my 'day job', so here we go: 1. My bestie, Sally Beaton, just publ

I Was A Teenage Anarchist (And Now I'm Just Scared Of Everything...)

Today I wanna talk about the F WORD. FEAR, motherfuckers. Since I was 19, I have struggled with panic disorder and generalized anxiety. Last night, when I was falling asleep, I had a bit of an epiphany while I was doing my reframing exercises. For the past several weeks, I have been doing these nightly exercises, which aim to heal the relationship we have with past traumas. I learnt about this super helpful tool via Dennis Simsek, aka, THE ANXIETY GUY, aka, my current obsession and spirit animal guide! He's freaking amazing. Watch his video on how to reframe, below:  So as I was falling asleep, and making some contact with past versions of myself, I became cognizant of the fact that I used to be a fearless, angsty teenager. ME! Fearless?! It seems like such a foreign concept, but alas, I used to be scared of nada.   I was the girl who would never say no to a dare, who lived for thrills, and who didn't even consider fear when making decisions.  Of course, s

A Typical (hard) Day In The Life

  One thing that I know for sure is this: not all days are created equally. As a most-of-the-time SAHM, I've become familiar with the great days, and the super challenging ones. Each night I go to bed  optimistic that I'm gonna land on a great day the following morning, but with two toddlers going through developmental changes at the same time, the going gets rough! I'm hiding out in the bath as I type this. It's 21:36. Jake fell asleep about 30 minutes ago after a 2 hour long bedtime battle. That kinda day. If you ever wanted to know what it's like to have two toddlers, born 11 months and 22 days apart, here ya go! 6AM. Woke up to Theo poking me and screaming 'Stella! SKY!' (The Paw Patrol girl character, Stella in French, Sky in English, my toddler is fancy and bilingual).  'Sky is in your rubber boot, Honey', I groan as I nudge hubby to get up and let me 'sleep in'. Today I can technically stay in bed until 7, but I don't end up fallin