Skip to main content

Adapting To Life With Two Under Two!

Well, it was actually two under one for 9 days! Having two babies within 12 months has been totally insane and ALL worth it.
Sitting here, while both babies nap and I have my first "quiet hour" of the day, I still can't believe that we did this haha

Two years ago, around this time, I was planning our wedding, getting things in order for my move to Switzerland and babies weren't even on my mind. I had too much to think about with immigration paperwork and getting rid of my apartment and furniture.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: life delivers.


So how is life with two demanding little babs who are both going through completely different phases?

It's great.

Honestly, I feel like people almost expect to hear you complain about "how hard it is" or how tired you are, or how you need a break (or a glass of wine, ugh haha) when you talk about having two young children.  What about celebrating when you feel good?

I'm not saying it's "easy" or that it's not a lot of work.

I have my days where I feel less energized, or get frustrated with baby business.
I am essentially multi-tasking all day long to make sure everyone has bottles, baths, diapers changed, clean clothes on, cuddles, naps, meals, play time...it's a lot of work and the days turn to nights very quickly.

But that's exactly why I try to keep myself centered, even when I am having a frustrating moment because my toddler now knows how to scream at a very high pitch (and does so, often).

These moments, these days, weeks and months are flying by.
This time is not forever, and they won't always need me so intensely (or, they will, but in different ways).

No matter how stressful a moment is, I always center myself by remembering how fleeting and precious these moments are. The last year just FLEW by, and already my first baby is not a baby-baby anymore, and I know that with Jake, the moments are passing by even quicker.

I just want to savour the baby years, so that I can look back one day and remember that I enjoyed them.

Other things I'm enjoying right now include:


*Working out, eating well and taking care of my body. Feeling really good about losing 35 pounds since Jake was born, but still focusing on toning up and just enjoying being active!


*Our new apartment is amazing

*We're going to Scotland for our friends' wedding next month (with only the mini-mini, mini is staying with grand-parents), and then to Italy in August (with both minis and my mom!)

*I'm still doing some freelance writing from home, although, I admittedly have less free time for this at the moment!

*Theo started walking (not sure if this should be on the enjoying or "fearing" list hahah)

*Lots of fun and silly times with hubby

*Tomorrow is my 300th day of not drinking! Still feeling fantastic about that life choice. No FOMO whatsoever, as things only got better and better in my life once the bottle was capped for good.

And not enjoying? Some of the hormonal "adjustments" which are more intense after two babies. Balancing back out takes extra meditation, grounding exercises, bubble baths, rune readings, sage burnings hahaha (just since week 7 postpartum, incidentally).

Otherwise, life is great, I am so blessed and impressed with our boys.
They are the cutest, silliest, sweetest and wildest (Theo) mini men and I cannot wait for the future adventures we will have together.

Here is photographic evidence that they are the most beautiful humans I have ever seen:


Brothas from the same motha. (And father, too, incidentally)



Hi! It's me. 7 weeks postpartum and finding my pre-pregasaurus groove again



More regular updates coming soon, promise!
I've been a lazy ass MOFO with writing but I know I need to prioritize it cause I love it.

K bye!
xox









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your Sparkle Back!!!

  Oh hi! My poor little blog baby, always at the very bottom of the priority ladder. I remember when I first started S&S, I used to write these long journal-esque posts from my desk at Michael Kors (ha! F U corporate world) and it was such a nice little escape from my day. I also used to print up motivational quotes and make these beautiful collages in my notebooks. Still have a few! The good old days. So COVID has returned to Europe with a savage vengeance, and I have no idea what will become of life in the next few weeks. The Swiss government maintained a very relaxed attitude after our first lockdown eased up at the end of April, and they seem determined to avoid a second lockdown at all costs. Our cases are soaring, and things are looking pretty, pretty, pretty not good. But, let's see where this goes. Trying to take it ODAAT. There are a few points I'd like to review quickly before I get back to my 'day job', so here we go: 1. My bestie, Sally Beaton, just publ

I Was A Teenage Anarchist (And Now I'm Just Scared Of Everything...)

Today I wanna talk about the F WORD. FEAR, motherfuckers. Since I was 19, I have struggled with panic disorder and generalized anxiety. Last night, when I was falling asleep, I had a bit of an epiphany while I was doing my reframing exercises. For the past several weeks, I have been doing these nightly exercises, which aim to heal the relationship we have with past traumas. I learnt about this super helpful tool via Dennis Simsek, aka, THE ANXIETY GUY, aka, my current obsession and spirit animal guide! He's freaking amazing. Watch his video on how to reframe, below:  So as I was falling asleep, and making some contact with past versions of myself, I became cognizant of the fact that I used to be a fearless, angsty teenager. ME! Fearless?! It seems like such a foreign concept, but alas, I used to be scared of nada.   I was the girl who would never say no to a dare, who lived for thrills, and who didn't even consider fear when making decisions.  Of course, s

A Typical (hard) Day In The Life

  One thing that I know for sure is this: not all days are created equally. As a most-of-the-time SAHM, I've become familiar with the great days, and the super challenging ones. Each night I go to bed  optimistic that I'm gonna land on a great day the following morning, but with two toddlers going through developmental changes at the same time, the going gets rough! I'm hiding out in the bath as I type this. It's 21:36. Jake fell asleep about 30 minutes ago after a 2 hour long bedtime battle. That kinda day. If you ever wanted to know what it's like to have two toddlers, born 11 months and 22 days apart, here ya go! 6AM. Woke up to Theo poking me and screaming 'Stella! SKY!' (The Paw Patrol girl character, Stella in French, Sky in English, my toddler is fancy and bilingual).  'Sky is in your rubber boot, Honey', I groan as I nudge hubby to get up and let me 'sleep in'. Today I can technically stay in bed until 7, but I don't end up fallin