Skip to main content

The Fog Is Lifting

The fog is lifting...metaphorically, and literally!

I didn't take this photo, but it was taken in my town, and that's my fog!!!



It's been a really drab fall in my part of Switzerland, and though I am used to the Canadian cold, we have a hell of a lot more sunshine!!!

Vitamin D extra strength tablets and a better diet, more rest and some soul nourishment are doing the trick, though.

Here are some super great things that are going on now:

Doing a lot more social stuff lately.  I've been pretty good at keeping up with baby/momma activities and play dates over the last few months, but now I am craving some one-on-one adult time! I've been working on doing at least 1-2 social events a week (that do not include kiddos) to "treat myself". Usually this means a quick coffee/tea or a walk, but more recently I have been doing 1/2 day outings and trying to see more of Switzerland! I know, how adventurous of me to spend an entire half day away from my children hehe. <3

Way more dates!  Other than the friend activities, hubs and I have been focusing much more on our alone time, together. 

We've made a small bucket list of date ideas to keep us going for the next several months. In the past 3 weeks we did a day out in Bern with spa visit and dinner, drove into Germany to do a big shopping run and have lunch, and visited our friends in a neighbouring village for lunch. 

These little pauses are so necessary! It's so therapeutic to be together, with no actual responsibilities (besides what restaurant to eat at, or what music to listen to in the car.)

Vacation Planning. Earlier this year we sort of overdid it with the amount of guests we hosted (so soon after our youngest son was born), and still pushed ourselves to go to Italy and Scotland (super fun, but still, quite tiring when you add up all the days of moving without proper rest!). 

So, I was a bit hesitant to start planning vacations again (to start dreaming again? haha) but finally, I knew I had to get back to my sunshine-y self and book! So we are going to the Canary Islands with my husbands' parents in March. 

That will be our beach/relax and tan/ swim etc; vacation, and then we're going to Canada at the end of June for two and a half weeks!

And that will be the soul-nurturing/family time/snuggle new baby niece or nephew and hug besties as tight as I can trip.
Will maybe add on a few days in England at some point but I'm not rushing that right now!
Excited to just move a little!!!

Life Coaching/Getting Back Into My Groove!   I'm working with my bestie Sally to get myself as aligned with my true self as possible! 

Just two chats with her and I'm feeling SO MUCH MORE LIKE MYSELF. It's crazy how we can lose our sparkly side just by being too busy/tired/gloomy/hormonal etc. Not no more! 

I'm coming back, and better than ever. I've done so much inner work and it's time to just fully step into the amazing life I've created. No more fear, just love and trust.

She's helping me to uncover a lot of patterns/habits and tendencies that are not serving me (even if they come from a good place!) 

Here are a few things I am working on:

*Allowing myself to FEEL my feelings, without judging them. I'm always so hard on myself when I feel negative/sad/disappointed etc;, but these are natural human emotions, and I've swallowed a lot of them down over the years (at least not being chased down with wine anymore!)

*Stop trying to fix things all the time. 
The truth is, I'm an empath by nature, and I really hate it when I find myself in situations where I'm fighting with/not happy with/sending mean vibes to/receiving mean vibes from another person/people. 

I'm realizing, with Sally's help, that this is tied in to not allowing myself to validate my own feelings. It's time to stop always trying to make nice, and give myself permission to feel hurt/sad/angry/annoyed by certain people or situations. 

Feel it, then release it. A much better solution than feeling it, feeling terrible, trying to fix it, keeping the hurt inside, letting it stagnate etc!!!

*Remembering "ghetto Ariane" still exists. I love this so much. It's true, though. When in the hell did I become the kind of woman who backs down from uncool situations? When did I become the kind of person who puts other people's potential pain above her own?! I'm glad that I'm empathetic and all, it shows that my heart isn't black, but come on! 

It's OK for me to feel the way I feel. Full stop.

I have to seriously remember that I come first. It's great to be sweet and loving and to apologize for our past wrongs, but there should also be limits. 
I, up until very recently, was handing out apologies to people (or trying to make situations "better", even if no apology was given) waaaaaay too generously.

Why apologize to people who aren't even nice to begin with? People who don't have anything to do with your life (good) and who were booted out for a damn good reason?! Why would I subject myself to their immaturity and inability to take accountability for their own wrongdoings? 

The type of people who "accept" an apology and then make a super rude/hurtful comment cause THEY ARE ASSHOLES and don't know how to be graceful.
Yeah. 
No more of that.
I'm not mad, but I'm not Miss. Pushover anymore, either.
No more olive branches for people who will just make fires from them.

K, BYE!


<3

P.S. That felt damn good to get out

Repressing our emotions leads to tons of diseases and disharmonies in our bodies, so it's time to LET DAT SHIT GO!!! 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your Sparkle Back!!!

  Oh hi! My poor little blog baby, always at the very bottom of the priority ladder. I remember when I first started S&S, I used to write these long journal-esque posts from my desk at Michael Kors (ha! F U corporate world) and it was such a nice little escape from my day. I also used to print up motivational quotes and make these beautiful collages in my notebooks. Still have a few! The good old days. So COVID has returned to Europe with a savage vengeance, and I have no idea what will become of life in the next few weeks. The Swiss government maintained a very relaxed attitude after our first lockdown eased up at the end of April, and they seem determined to avoid a second lockdown at all costs. Our cases are soaring, and things are looking pretty, pretty, pretty not good. But, let's see where this goes. Trying to take it ODAAT. There are a few points I'd like to review quickly before I get back to my 'day job', so here we go: 1. My bestie, Sally Beaton, just publ

I Was A Teenage Anarchist (And Now I'm Just Scared Of Everything...)

Today I wanna talk about the F WORD. FEAR, motherfuckers. Since I was 19, I have struggled with panic disorder and generalized anxiety. Last night, when I was falling asleep, I had a bit of an epiphany while I was doing my reframing exercises. For the past several weeks, I have been doing these nightly exercises, which aim to heal the relationship we have with past traumas. I learnt about this super helpful tool via Dennis Simsek, aka, THE ANXIETY GUY, aka, my current obsession and spirit animal guide! He's freaking amazing. Watch his video on how to reframe, below:  So as I was falling asleep, and making some contact with past versions of myself, I became cognizant of the fact that I used to be a fearless, angsty teenager. ME! Fearless?! It seems like such a foreign concept, but alas, I used to be scared of nada.   I was the girl who would never say no to a dare, who lived for thrills, and who didn't even consider fear when making decisions.  Of course, s

A Typical (hard) Day In The Life

  One thing that I know for sure is this: not all days are created equally. As a most-of-the-time SAHM, I've become familiar with the great days, and the super challenging ones. Each night I go to bed  optimistic that I'm gonna land on a great day the following morning, but with two toddlers going through developmental changes at the same time, the going gets rough! I'm hiding out in the bath as I type this. It's 21:36. Jake fell asleep about 30 minutes ago after a 2 hour long bedtime battle. That kinda day. If you ever wanted to know what it's like to have two toddlers, born 11 months and 22 days apart, here ya go! 6AM. Woke up to Theo poking me and screaming 'Stella! SKY!' (The Paw Patrol girl character, Stella in French, Sky in English, my toddler is fancy and bilingual).  'Sky is in your rubber boot, Honey', I groan as I nudge hubby to get up and let me 'sleep in'. Today I can technically stay in bed until 7, but I don't end up fallin