Skip to main content

Almost Published!

I am going to be published in a matter of weeeeeeeeks!!!

AH!

I have been dreaming/bucket-listing publishing a book for YEARS, and the dream is finally becoming a reality this spring!!!!

The original idea was to write about my sobriety journey. Though I am still super passionate about sober living (Day 543!) , and sharing that part of my story, I wrote a few chapters and then felt STUCK. 

The book wasn't budging. I literally tried everything to inspire myself. 
Read dozens of books in the quit-lit category. 
Wrote in a journal. 
Read back though old material. 

The project just wasn't ready to be born.

I felt stuck, and it made me feel really...not good. 

I wanted to write, but it just wasn't coming. 

So then, on November 11, 2018 (11/11) I went to bed and sent out a little request to the Universe. I had read that 11/11/18 was one of the most powerful manifesting dates in the past several hundred years, so I gave it a shot.

I asked for divine inspiration! 

Believe it or not, I woke up that very night, middle of the night, with an incredible surge of creativity, and a desire to write a poem. 
I took out my phone's notepad feature, and started to write. 

The words were just flowing out.

Two days later, I had eleven poems written.

They just kept coming to me.

For two and a half months, I wrote poems, edited them, rewrote them, deleted them. It was a super purifying and healing process, as a lot of the poems helped me put words to past traumas and work though some old, sad stuff.

Soon enough, I had so many poems, that I decided to publish.

I put my manuscript together, sent it off to Balboa House ( they are a division of Hay House, my dream publishing house!!!) and now I am in the creative stages of design and formatting.

I can't even believe this is happening, but at the same time, a part of me always knew that I would do great things with my writing.

So there you have it.

A little update on what I've been up to.

Writing poems (for the first time in my life, for the record).

I can't wait to share the concept/theme and PUBLISHED COLLECTION this spring!!!

I am bursting with excitement, but don't want to share too many details until I'm published!

Until then, you have to deal with my very infrequent blog updates.

Will try to get that more regular now that I am not so busy writing a damn book!!!

Just an author in the forest! Photo by Ella Brown.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your Sparkle Back!!!

  Oh hi! My poor little blog baby, always at the very bottom of the priority ladder. I remember when I first started S&S, I used to write these long journal-esque posts from my desk at Michael Kors (ha! F U corporate world) and it was such a nice little escape from my day. I also used to print up motivational quotes and make these beautiful collages in my notebooks. Still have a few! The good old days. So COVID has returned to Europe with a savage vengeance, and I have no idea what will become of life in the next few weeks. The Swiss government maintained a very relaxed attitude after our first lockdown eased up at the end of April, and they seem determined to avoid a second lockdown at all costs. Our cases are soaring, and things are looking pretty, pretty, pretty not good. But, let's see where this goes. Trying to take it ODAAT. There are a few points I'd like to review quickly before I get back to my 'day job', so here we go: 1. My bestie, Sally Beaton, just publ

I Was A Teenage Anarchist (And Now I'm Just Scared Of Everything...)

Today I wanna talk about the F WORD. FEAR, motherfuckers. Since I was 19, I have struggled with panic disorder and generalized anxiety. Last night, when I was falling asleep, I had a bit of an epiphany while I was doing my reframing exercises. For the past several weeks, I have been doing these nightly exercises, which aim to heal the relationship we have with past traumas. I learnt about this super helpful tool via Dennis Simsek, aka, THE ANXIETY GUY, aka, my current obsession and spirit animal guide! He's freaking amazing. Watch his video on how to reframe, below:  So as I was falling asleep, and making some contact with past versions of myself, I became cognizant of the fact that I used to be a fearless, angsty teenager. ME! Fearless?! It seems like such a foreign concept, but alas, I used to be scared of nada.   I was the girl who would never say no to a dare, who lived for thrills, and who didn't even consider fear when making decisions.  Of course, s

A Typical (hard) Day In The Life

  One thing that I know for sure is this: not all days are created equally. As a most-of-the-time SAHM, I've become familiar with the great days, and the super challenging ones. Each night I go to bed  optimistic that I'm gonna land on a great day the following morning, but with two toddlers going through developmental changes at the same time, the going gets rough! I'm hiding out in the bath as I type this. It's 21:36. Jake fell asleep about 30 minutes ago after a 2 hour long bedtime battle. That kinda day. If you ever wanted to know what it's like to have two toddlers, born 11 months and 22 days apart, here ya go! 6AM. Woke up to Theo poking me and screaming 'Stella! SKY!' (The Paw Patrol girl character, Stella in French, Sky in English, my toddler is fancy and bilingual).  'Sky is in your rubber boot, Honey', I groan as I nudge hubby to get up and let me 'sleep in'. Today I can technically stay in bed until 7, but I don't end up fallin